Dr Steven Kiddle
MRC Biostatistics Research Fellow (Apr 2014 – Jun 2017)
I am an MRC Career Development Award research fellow and also hold an honorary contract with Imperial College London. The aim of my group is to provide personalised prognostic predictions to clinicians based on their patients co-morbidities and biomarker trajectories, as determined from and provided through Electronic Health Records. We will initially concentrate on: chronic kidney disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and dementia. Using a range of modelling approaches, notably: latent class mixture models, landmarking and multi-state models. I also have ongoing collaborations in relation to molecular markers of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies new loci and functional pathways influencing Alzheimer’s disease risk
- Blood-based biomarkers for Alzheimer disease: mapping the road to the clinic
- A blood test for Alzheimer’s disease: progress, challenges and recommendations
- Blood metabolite markers of neocortical amyloid-β burden: discovery and enrichment using candidate proteins
- Genetic Risk as a Marker of Amyloid-β and Tau Burden in Cerebrospinal Fluid