Professor Richard Dobson
Head of Bioinformatics
My research is motivated towards enabling a “panoromic” view of patients through the integration of genomics data with data derived from patient records, the exposome, social graphs, remote monitoring and imaging to develop strategies for P4 medicine, namely, medicine that is precise, predictive, preventative and participatory of patient datasets.
Bioinformatics; biomarkers; modeling; next generation sequencing; machine learning, data integration, networks.
- Challenges and solutions in a hybrid mHealth mobile application
- Differential gene expression analysis in blood of first episode psychosis patients
- Transcriptomic analysis of probable asymptomatic and symptomatic Alzheimer brains
- In response to Ballantyne and Schaefer's 'Consent and the ethical duty to participate in health data research'
- DNAscan: Personal computer compatible NGS analysis, annotation and visualisation