- Work on development, improvement, testing, deployment and maintenance of a new scalable platform for information extraction and retrieval from NHS electronic health record systems. See:
- Integrate modern search engine technologies (e.g. Elastic Search) with structured data and annotations derived with NLP methods.
- Assist with developing methods for harmonization and curation of health data from diverse data sources using establish open source solutions and standards.
- Stay up-to-date with the new methodologies, data processing and search technologies, and explore their application improving the CogStack Platform
- Work with stakeholders to link third party data sources with the platform.
- Work within the software development team and closely collaborate with the NLP and data analysis teams
- Participate in agile practices to improve the quality and efficiency of software development within the team.
- Contribute to the documentation, knowledge base and best practices on the usage of the developed platform.
- Contribute to an InnovateUK funded project ‘AVERT – AI-based Virtual Environment for Risk Tracking in mental health’ with industry partner AIMES (https://www.aimes.uk/), a health-based cloud services provider.
- To contribute to the overall scientific endeavour of the Dept of Biostats and Health Informatics and be embedded with the Precision Health Informatics data lab (https://phidatalab.org/).
Research, Higher Education
Engineering, Information Technology, Science
- Data Analysis
- Information Extraction
- Open Source Software
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Data Mining
- Software Development
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Base salary
£45,259/yr – £45,259/yr
- Additional compensation
No additional compensation reported.